Last Updated: 11 July 2018
Created: 11 July 2018
North Swindon MP Justin Tomlinson has returned to the Government at the Department for Work & Pensions as the Minister for Family Support, Housing & Child Maintenance.
Justin, who previously served as the Minister for Disabled People, received the news from the Prime Minister on Monday evening.
After leaving Government in 2016, Justin continued to campaign actively on a wide range of issues relating to his former ministerial role, and was elected to the influential Work & Commons Select Committee in Parliament earlier this year.
As Minister for Family Support, Housing & Child Maintenance, Justin's responsibilities will include:
- cross-DWP Commons spokesperson
- workless families, relationship support and support for disadvantaged groups
- childcare and maternity benefits
- child maintenance
- financial support for housing, including within Universal Credit
- other social assistance, including supported accommodation, Support for Mortgage Interest, Cold Weather Payments, bereavement benefits and funeral payments
- benefit cap implementation and benefit uprating
Justin Tomlinson MP said: "I am delighted to be back in Government and back at the Department for Work & Pensions as the Minister for Family Support, Housing & Child Maintenance. This new brief covers a number of incredibly important areas and I'm looking forward to meeting with stakeholders to see what more the Government can do to support people across the country".