I am proud to have represented my fellow local residents as the North Swindon MP since 2010.
I remain committed to make a difference as your representative, both locally and in Parliament as a visible, approachable and hardworking MP:
- I am a fellow local resident.
- I have one of the highest voting and speaking records in Parliament.
- I have helped secure and raise over £250,000 for local charities, organisations and groups.
- I have set up my own community office – the only MP in the country to do so – which over 150 different charities & voluntary organisations have used on a regular basis.
- I manage my own inbox, respond to residents personally and regularly meet with residents to make sure I am fully aware of all the local and national issues being raised.
- I have helped thousands of residents with individual casework. I am proud to have been voted the 2nd most helpful MP out of 650 MP’s in the Change.org people power index: https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18081408.justin-tomlinson-second-people-power-index/
MPs' expenses are now being published by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
Please use IPSA's searchable database at: http://www.parliamentary-standards.org.uk
I am typically £50,000 per year cheaper than the former MP's.
- I do not claim for food.
- I travel standard class, not 1st class on the train.
- I do not claim for a mobile phone.
- I do not claim for any living expenses in Swindon, I already live here!
- I do not claim for a website or political newsletters.
- I do not claim for a TV licence.
- I do not claim for travel in Swindon.
I will always do my best to be careful with tax-payers money.